Prepare a comprehensive design to optimise procurement and construction of civil works.
We minimise risk via:
*Forte works with our partner CTE Wind Civil Engineering for foundation design.
A well-produced foundation design is necessary to determine footprint, sizing and quantities of materials for each WTG foundation. This is essential for confirming the feasibility and economic viability of locating the WTG at its permitted location and for facilitating electrical and road designs.
1) Sign a) multiple work package (“EPC Manager”) contract with Forte or b) single-work package contract with CTE Wind Civil Engineering.
2) Issue all required project site information and employer requirements/preferences
3) Issue Forte with Work Package Instruction to Proceed
Phase 1 Preliminary Design (Layout Confirmation)
1. Requirements capture: Conduct reviews and document completeness checks for Geotechnical Reports, OEM Specification, Client requirements
2. Preliminary Design Preparation: Prepare design layouts based on input documents and investigate potential optimisations and value engineering
3. Consultation & Preliminary Design Completion: Finalise required design concept and number of foundation types after consultation with client, geotechnical engineer and WTG Supplier
Phase 2 Detailed Design (Construction Details)
4. Detailed Design Preparation: Execute design with full construction details in line with specification, programme and contract price as agreed in advance with client
5. Deliverable Issuance: Issue all deliverables necessary to facilitate the tendering of the Civil Construction Works
6. Design Certification: Provide all necessary assistance and, as needed, supplementary documentation to ensure 3rd party quality assurance of design can be conducted efficiently.
Note: CTE Wind Civil Engineering conducts the foundation design work while Forte manages the design interfaces with CTE Wind and others and drives the value engineering process ensuring simple communication and optimum value for client’s investment in designs.
Report: Foundation Design Stage 1 Report
Drawings: Preliminary Plans and Cross Sections for Foundation Layout
Report: Foundation Design Stage 2 report
Drawings: Detailed Plans and Cross sections for Foundation Layout and Reinforcement
Finite Element Modelling: Graitec (Effel)
Reinforcement Drwgs: Allplan (Nemetschek)