Due to our increasing involvement in Irish and international wind energy projects, Forte Renewables is currently looking to recruit a Senior Civil Design Engineer to be based in our Cork Office. This will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to further develop their technical and managerial skills alongside a motivated team in a quickly growing company.
The Engineer will perform civil engineering tasks for wind energy projects as required including preparation of calculations, drawings, and specifications.
Design Role Responsibilities:
• Tender management and quality assurance of site surveys (Topographical, geotechnical etc)
• Developing designs from available site data, WTG suppliers and Employers specification
• Executing designs for site layouts, grading, drainage infrastructure and roadways.
• Management and quality assurance of all design deliverables
• Carefully managing project delivery and related communication to various clients.
• Management of construction tender processes
• Design reviews of 3rd party designs,
• Participation in Technical Due Diligence
• Providing support to construction monitoring team
• A Bachelors/Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• Attainment of Chartership/Professional Engineer status will be considered an advantage
• Experienced in the design of site development works, earthworks, road design, drainage
• Minimum of 5 years’ post graduate experience ideally within a consultancy environment.
• Proficient in use of civil engineering software i.e. AutoCAD, Windes, Civil 3D, PDS, Autotrack
• A proven track record working closely in partnership with clients/contractors/ design teams
• Understanding of the Irish / international design standards and best practice
• Site/construction/operational experience would also be beneficial
• Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
• Knowledge and fluency in other languages will be an advantage
If you are interested in the above opportunity please forward CV and cover letter demonstrating ability to match above requirements to Paul@ForteRenewables.com.
Forte Renewables is looking to recruit a Resident Engineer. The candidate will manage construction activities on a number of onshore wind sites while maintaining, safety and quality and environmental standards. The resident engineer will have to:
• Manage pre-construction and site setup activities by contractors
• Manage and update planning for each wind farm.
• Manage design documents including review of updated drawings, reports etc
• Monitor the day to day work, issues and risks on the site
• Monitor Health, Safety and Environmental issues on site
• Ensure all site works are carried out under the Site Rules, the Work Control system and Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
• Develop a good working relationships with contractors, landowners and project stakeholders.
• Be familiar with EPC contracts and assist client with claim management
• Provide technical advice to client during project
• Progress Verification for Payments by Contractor
• Conduct Site Acceptance Tests of materials and equipment arriving at site
• Review of contractors Executed Works Quality documents
• Conduct partial and final acceptances on behalf of the client
• Participate in Wind Farm Handover process with client
• Realize daily, weekly and monthly reporting
This candidate would ideally have at least 5years of experience in monitoring wind farm construction. Having a Civil/Electrical/Mechanical engineering or related degree and first hand construction and design experience will be an advantage.
Forte has a number of onshore sites that will be constructed or are already in construction in Ireland, France and Belgium. In this extent, the candidate has to prove a willingness to travel as he might be required on different sites. Fluency in English and French languages is preferred; Dutch will also be beneficial.
For any further information or to apply, send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.