Due to our increasing involvement in Irish and international wind energy projects, Forte Renewables is currently looking to recruit a Senior Civil Design Engineer to be based in our Cork Office. This will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to further develop their technical and managerial skills alongside a motivated team in a quickly growing company.
The Engineer will perform civil engineering tasks for wind energy projects as required including preparation of calculations, drawings, and specifications.
Design Role Responsibilities:
• Tender management and quality assurance of site surveys (Topographical, geotechnical etc)
• Developing designs from available site data, WTG suppliers and Employers specification
• Executing designs for site layouts, grading, drainage infrastructure and roadways.
• Management and quality assurance of all design deliverables
• Carefully managing project delivery and related communication to various clients.
• Management of construction tender processes
• Design reviews of 3rd party designs,
• Participation in Technical Due Diligence
• Providing support to construction monitoring team
• A Bachelors/Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• Attainment of Chartership/Professional Engineer status will be considered an advantage
• Experienced in the design of site development works, earthworks, road design, drainage
• Minimum of 5 years’ post graduate experience ideally within a consultancy environment.
• Proficient in use of civil engineering software i.e. AutoCAD, Windes, Civil 3D, PDS, Autotrack
• A proven track record working closely in partnership with clients/contractors/ design teams
• Understanding of the Irish / international design standards and best practice
• Site/construction/operational experience would also be beneficial
• Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
• Knowledge and fluency in other languages will be an advantage
If you are interested in the above opportunity please forward CV and cover letter demonstrating ability to match above requirements to Paul@ForteRenewables.com.