Map the physical characteristics and existing constraints of the wind farm site.
Inaccurate survey results, inadequate extent of area surveyed, data not suitable for design input.
At Forte we ensure top quality by
1) following a strict and comprehensive specification to maximise data obtained for later design
2) quality assurance via preliminary desk studies and careful attention to fieldwork activities
3) ensuring no data is “left behind” or resurveys required and thereby ensuring a more streamlined BOP design process.
The topographical survey is one of the lower cost items in the engineering phase. However, it nonetheless requires attention to detail as a poor survey leads to poorly presented or incomplete data for designs. Careful attention to detail will avoid re-surveys, cost overruns and design phase delays.
This delivers best value to the client and permits the clients engineering team to advance confidently to the design phase.
1) Sign a) multiple work package (“EPC Manager”) contract or b) single-work package contract with Forte.
2) Issue all required information to commence survey
3) Arrange all accesses to survey areas with landowner
*Forte can execute the survey with its partner or manage the Clients appointed surveyor
1. Documentation Check (Desk Study)
Review of project documentation to identify what constraints are to be considered when conducting the survey
2. Scope Definition and Specification Confirmation
After obtaining access to site (action by client with support from Forte) survey will be conducted in accordance with specification.
4. Survey Drawings Work
5. Onsite verification and Issue of Deliverables
Report: Survey Report (PDF)
Output will be in AutoCAD Civil 3-D format