Secure best construction contracts for client considering cost, planning, interfaces and risks.
At Forte we have significant experience of supporting GCA negotiations. Often the TSO allows little room to negotiate but nevertheless Forte can provide the client with peace of mind that all technical aspects have been carefully considered and negotiated in best way.
The negotiation of Grid Connection Agreements is often limited due to the prior acceptance of the TSOs technical and financial proposal. Nevertheless, prudence is needed to ensure the GCA is negotiated in best manner to avoid hampering the construction and operation of the wind farm.
1) Receive grid connection offer from TSO
2) Sign a) multiple work package (“EPC Manager”) contract or b) single-work package contract with Forte.
3) Issue all required project site information and employer requirements/preferences
4) Issue Forte with Work Package Instruction to Proceed
Phase 1: Grid Offer Review and Negotiation
1) Establish Employers Preferences
Define requirements e.g. desired connection timeframe, costs and routing preferences based on clients input and Forte’s grid connection and electrical engineering procurement and operations experience.
2) Project Documentation and Offer Review
Examination of grid connection offer provided by TSO and all relevant project documentation provided by client and comparison with
3) Technical Meetings with TSO
Lead technical discussions with TSO regarding grid offer contents and push for optimisations in line with client preferences and project cost and planning optimisations.
4) Finalise Technical Aspects of Grid Offer
After negotiations are completed confirm revised offer documentation and preliminary grid connection design is in line with discussion and make recommendation for client acceptance.
Phase 2: Grid Connection Agreement Negotiation Support
5) Review of Grid Connection Contract and Technical Annexes
Forte will conduct a review to confirm that the previously agreed offer from the TSO has been transferred correctly to the GCA document.
6) Support at GCA Negotiation Meetings
Forte will provide the client with technical support during final discussions prior to signing the GCA. If and when documentation is considered by Forte to be in line with requirements a recommendation will be made to the client to close the financial discussions.
1) Memos and Documents