Secure best construction contracts for client considering cost, planning, interfaces and risks.
Civil and Electrical works contracts need careful attention to ensure all technical issues, interfaces and commercial aspects are correctly prepared. A poor contract risks delays, cost overruns and loss of production revenue.
To best ensure the procurement process is efficient and does not block the wind farm development process procurement strategy needs to be carefully considered and tender and contract documents need to be comprehensive and detailed.
1) Sign a) multiple work package (“EPC Manager”) contract or b) single-work package contract with Forte.
2) Issue all required project site information and employer requirements/preferences
3) Issue Forte with Work Package Instruction to Proceed
1. Tender Package Preparation (design packages as input)
The tender document package will consist of
2. Contractor Screening
Identify suitable companies to tender, based on track record, credit rating, geographical location etc.
3. Tender Management
4. Negotiations with preferred bidder
5. Finalising of Contract Documents (Design Updates, and Permitting, etc.)
Note: Forte will act as technical lead in this instance under the instruction of the client. In additional to technical issues, Forte can also provide assistance based on past experience with regard to proposed commercial and legal conditions.
6. Recommendation for Contract Signature and NTP
1) Memos and draft reports
As needed to update the client on the progress of the studies as they are being compiled.
2) Final report
The final report will provide a comprehensive summary of all investigations carried out and will provide concluding expert opinion on which WTG manufacturers and what specific models should be included in the WTG tenders.