Forte Renewables is looking to recruit a Resident Engineer. The candidate will manage construction activities on a number of onshore wind sites while maintaining, safety and quality and environmental standards. The resident engineer will have to:
• Manage pre-construction and site setup activities by contractors
• Manage and update planning for each wind farm.
• Manage design documents including review of updated drawings, reports etc
• Monitor the day to day work, issues and risks on the site
• Monitor Health, Safety and Environmental issues on site
• Ensure all site works are carried out under the Site Rules, the Work Control system and Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
• Develop a good working relationships with contractors, landowners and project stakeholders.
• Be familiar with EPC contracts and assist client with claim management
• Provide technical advice to client during project
• Progress Verification for Payments by Contractor
• Conduct Site Acceptance Tests of materials and equipment arriving at site
• Review of contractors Executed Works Quality documents
• Conduct partial and final acceptances on behalf of the client
• Participate in Wind Farm Handover process with client
• Realize daily, weekly and monthly reporting
This candidate would ideally have at least 5years of experience in monitoring wind farm construction. Having a Civil/Electrical/Mechanical engineering or related degree and first hand construction and design experience will be an advantage.
Forte has a number of onshore sites that will be constructed or are already in construction in Ireland, France and Belgium. In this extent, the candidate has to prove a willingness to travel as he might be required on different sites. Fluency in English and French languages is preferred; Dutch will also be beneficial.
For any further information or to apply, send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.